If you are an estate planning lawyer (or considering adding estate planning to your practice), you’ll want to read this article in the Wealth Counsel Quarterly on how you can build a practice you love that makes great money and gives you control over your schedule.
In the article, Law Business Mentor, Alexis Neely, covers the flaw in the traditional estate planning lawyer business model and 5 ways you can start to fix your law business model now.
Here’s the 5 ways and you will definitely want to read the article for an explanation because they are counter-intuitive, but will make a huge difference in your life and business.
- Stop Answering Your Phones (Yep, really. Read the article to see what Alexis means and how this actually helps you GROW your business.)
- Turn the Tables So Prospects Are Chasing You Instead of the Other Way Around (This really can happen. You don’t have to chase clients.)
- Package Your Fees So Your Prospects Choose Their Own Fees (When you do this, they’ll actually pay you more. Happily.)
- Deliver Over the Top Service to Support Your Premium Fees and Your Clients Become Raving Fans (You deserve to be paid well, but you have to earn it. And it doesn’t have to be hard.)
- Engage Your Clients for Life With a Membership Program — Not a Maintenance Program (It’s a small, but important difference. The article explains.)
After you read the article, come back here and comment. Share your thoughts about how making these shifts in your practice (even if you aren’t an estate planning lawyer) will change your life and business.
And, by the way, we’d be remiss if we didn’t say this — serving families and small business owners — and helping them with their personal and family legal matters is the most rewarding practice area we know. So if you aren’t doing it yet, you may want to consider that it’s time to start.