Check out this 2-minute clip of the video I made directly after my workout of me talking about you to our internal leadership team.
I made it directly after my workout when something huge occurred to me about why knowing what to do simply isn’t enough.
Too many lawyers are getting stuck in lives and law practices they don’t love because they are sure they know what to do, yet aren’t taking action.
I thought this was important enough for you to hear that I’m willing for you to see me immediately post-workout. Enjoy!
How does this apply to you and your law practice?
You know exactly what you need to do in order to have a life and law practice you love. It’s simple, right?
You’ve heard me talk about it a hundred times, at least …
- Educate your community in a new way so everyone who hears you knows they need to hire you, and they will when they are ready
- Create a steady stream of inquiries from people who need your services asking how they can work with you
- Engage high-value clients for $3,000 – $5,000 each, for a service they need and you love to deliver
- Create raving fans who tell everyone about you
- Become the go-to lawyer for families and/or small business owners in your community
- Get hired by all the clients you love to serve and have full control over your calendar
And, yet, you aren’t doing it. Why?
Well, my guess is that it’s because your ‘too smart lawyer brain’ (that’s what I call my mind) is telling you that you don’t need help, you can do it all yourself, and you don’t need to pay for help!
Can I let you in on a secret? If I would have listened to that ‘too smart lawyer brain’ of mine, I’d still be toiling away at a big law firm, of counsel by now, working full-time and getting paid part-time money.
I would never have left the security of the big firm paycheck, started my own law firm, built it into a million dollar a year business, or created the new law business model I’ve now taught to thousands of lawyers.
I would have stayed stuck, knowing what to do but never doing it.
Something tells me that you may be stuck right there, right now.
If so, I want to give you just one more bit of inspiration to leap off the fence and into the life and law practice of your dreams.
I’ve seen the transformation of so many lawyers I worked with who were right where you are – skeptical, or sure they could do it on their own or want to save the money — but, they made the leap, decided to work with us, and now money isn’t an issue for them. Now, they get to focus on bigger problems, like how to not take on too many clients! Good problems to have, right?
What makes the difference?
These lawyers realized that knowing what to do and actually doing it are exactly 180 degrees apart. And you can know exactly what to do, but it’s the hand-holding support that gets you to actually do it.
For example, a woman I worked with just a few weeks ago, Vivianna. Vivianna had less than $1,000 in her business account and was quite scared to take the leap to work with us. But, she decided that her desire and vision was bigger than her fear, so she jumped in and took action immediately.
Here’s what she just sent us:
Vivianna knew she had to shift her services from one-off transactions to strategic, ongoing support work, but it wasn’t until she dove in with us and committed to her vision that she actually did it.
So I know we can get you there too. And I wondered what I might be able to send you to help you make the decision to move forward, even though you already know what to do, or think you can go it alone.
I came up with two things:
- Sharing this video with you today. I thought maybe if you see the real me, you’ll trust me to help you as much as I believe I can. Plus, you can hear me talk about why knowing what to do isn’t the answer and won’t get you there, and what is the one thing that will actually get you into action.
- This is a podcast that I asked everyone on our team to listen to so we can all step into our full leadership. When I listened to it, I thought of you and that maybe it would help you move past the fears you have to become the lawyer/business owner you know you are here to be.
I know we can give you the support you need to love your life as a lawyer again and come to see your law degree as your most valuable asset, bar none.
I also know that the chances of you doing it yourself, even though you might know exactly what to do, are slim to none.
So, if you’ve already had call with a Law Business Advisor, and you haven’t moved forward because you thought maybe it was too good to be true, or you were scared, I understand, and I want you to know that we are here, this is real, and we are committed to your success.
We are committed to seeing you succeed in building a new law business model for yourself and your community.
If you haven’t had a call with a Law Business Advisor, yet, maybe now is the time, and I invite you to do that. Make an appointment to speak with us and take a look at how we can support you to go to the places you won’t go yourself. Ask questions about how we can help you to build a thriving law practice serving families and small business owners in a new way. And find out exactly how you could be receiving compensation that you deserve, providing a service that your clients deserve, and having the systems you need to support it all.