Whether we are at the beginning, middle or end of the year, anytime is a good time to take stock of our successes — something a friend of mine poetically calls “harvesting”.
As entrepreneurs who commit to changing the legal profession through the way we practice and through our lives…
It’s critical for us to reap what we’ve sown, consciously and carefully. Many people will look only at their revenue to figure out if they met their goals, but at Law Business Mentors, we know that wealth comes in many forms — not all of which are financial.
This time last year, with the help of my LBM coach, I set aggressive personal, spiritual and financial goals that gave me the heebie jeebies. To meet all of them, I would have to add staff, increase the firm’s capacity beyond what I could do alone, and put myself way out on a major, terrifying limb. As I’m sure you know, having clear intentions for where you want to go is the only way to set a course and get there.
I’m thrilled to report that our firm met almost all of those goals. Which is exciting and affirming, of course, but too often we forget to soak in the joy of having gotten to the destination. Now is the time to reflect and “soak”.
I’d like to offer some questions to think about as you harvest the goodness you’ve created this year and start to envision your year for 2015:
- Who joined our team this year? What talents and skills did they bring that surprised me?
- How has my team supported the firm’s growth and quality of service this year?
- How has their quality of life improved throughout the year?
- Have I asked all my clients for feedback throughout the year?
- What do they say we’re awesome at? Linger in this one and let it really soak in.
My Family & Quality of Life
- How many of my kids’ events and activities was I able to attend to this year?
- How many more do I want to make sure I’m available for next year?
- Where did I go on vacation and what were some of the highlights from that rest?
- What adventures did I have throughout the year?
- How well did I sleep throughout this year?
- How has my partner or spouse has been loved up and resourced?
- How have I been able to harvest more time for my family?
- How did I attend to my own health and well-being in a loving, attentive way?
- What new ways to move and use my body did I explore that makes me feel alive and excited about my life?
- When did I reach out for support to others for guidance and companionship?
- What would the ideal amount of time working and playing look like to me?
Endings and Celebrations
- What endings happened this year?
- What positive things came of those endings?
- What went REALLY well and exceeded my expectations or surprised me?
- Who showed up in my life to support my work? How have I celebrated them?
- What new emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and practical resources appeared this year?
- What were my revenue goals and did I meet them?
- How many more clients would I need to engage each month to meet them?
- If I met them, how much more revenue do I want to add each month?
- What do I need to increase my emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and practical capacity to serve those clients with ease and grace?
After you’ve had time to sit in the goodness of what you’ve been creating, I’d like to offer one more VERY special thing to you…
This Heart Breath mediation by spiritual teacher, wisdom keeper, and friend, Alaya Love. She’s a special woman with something beautiful to share with you. Her guidance is to listen to this every day for a full moon cycle and see what happens. (If you enjoy it, please consider downloading it for $11 to help support bringing more of her magical work into the world—streaming it is free.)
Enjoy your holiday harvest!
Interested in learning more?