I know you’re buried. Overwhelmed.
I know you’ve probably thought about throwing in the towel at least once already this year. We hear it all the time around here.
One email I received this week stood out in particular. (I do personally read all your comments & emails, so keep them coming.)
She wrote about how she can’t keep up – hearing over and over
“how I should be ‘transforming’ my practice while I am also worrying about making payroll, not screwing up cases, and meeting deadlines. PLEASE STOP TELLING ME HOW HORRIBLE IT IS, and give more hands on solutions.”
There’s only 3 possible solutions, and they’re all equally valid:
1.) Quit. (I know that’s not what you want to hear, but it has to be considered.)
If you’re ready to quit, then you can safely unsubscribe from this newsletter.
No judgement, whatsoever. We wish you all the best on your journey and are confident that practicing law isn’t your true passion, you’ll find it much quicker by taking the plunge into the great unknown.
2.) Go to work for someone else.
Not ideal if you want to control your income and your schedule. (Let’s face it, the job market for lawyers is only getting tougher. Even when it was good, it still sucks working for someone else. But… it has to be considered.)
3.) Get your law practice handled.
That’s probably the solution you’re looking for. And you’re sharp enough to know there are no magic bullets.
There are only a few places you can go to work ON your practice while you’re still responsible for doing all the work IN your practice.
Hiring & Training is the place to focus if you need to free up your time for higher value work – taking on more clients, or working on your marketing & sales – or simply take a break. It’s exhausting, I know.
- Fortunately, we can train your Assistant (or one we locate for you) in exactly what you need done to grow your practice.
- If you’re not ready for that, check out these blog posts on What Lawyers Need To Do Before Hiring and 5 Ways Your Assistant Can Help You Grow Your Practice
Marketing & Sales is the place to go to work if you still have more time than money, or have an assistant in place and are ready to increase your client flow.
- If you’re just getting started with your marketing, I’d listen to this 7:53 recording from Alexis Neely.
- If you’re ready for our full-blow, done-for-you marketing solutions then register for priority notification of our Personal Family Lawyer and Creative Business Lawyer programs – enrollment opens again soon. We’ll be accepting 20 new lawyers into the program, so be sure to get to the front of the line by registering today.
- And if you want to learn more about how to engage over 90% of the prospects who walk in your door, read Martha’s article about how she’s learned to do just that in her own practice.
Hopefully this helps.
Some resources are free, some are entry level, and some are full-bore for when you’re ready to make a powerful shift. They’re all proven, and they will all take your practice to the next level, whatever that is for you.